The Masterman SAC is seeking seven (7) Parent Representatives to serve for the two year period September 2019 to June 2021.
The Julia R. Masterman Laboratory and Demonstration School Advisory Council is a collaborative, inclusive, and diverse partnership of parents, teachers, administrators, students, and community. The SAC reviews school policy and practice on substantive issues and provides informed input and recommendations to support Masterman’s mission to be a multicultural, welcoming community of learners that engages academically talented students in grades 5-12 in advanced intellectual study. The SAC develops projects and initiatives that focus on supporting student curiosity, creativity, and academic achievement; improving school climate and culture; and strengthening the health and well-being of the community.
The 2019-2020 SAC meetings are TBD but we will meet one Tuesday a month from 4:45-6:00 pm. (NOTE: Members are required to attend all meetings.)
The link is on the FACE (Family and Community Engagement) website on the right hand side under SAC Quick Links. It is labeled SAC Application. You will also find additional information regarding SAC on this page. You will be asked to complete the following:
· Home and Cell number:
· Name of School on whose SAC you would like to serve:
Please select “Masterman, Julia R. 2140”
· Which group you would represent on SAC
Please select “Parent”
· Students’ name and section(s).
· In less than 200 words, explain why you would like to serve on the SAC. This will be included on the Election Ballots if we have more applicants than spots available.
SAC Election Timeline:
· Bio/Application due on April 9, 2019.
· Election process from Monday, April 15, 2019 through noon, Friday, May 3, 2019.
· Election results announced on Tuesday, May 7, 2019 via email to the 7 parents with the highest votes.
· New members to attend SAC meeting on Tuesday, May 14, 2019.
For questions or additional information, please contact: Jane Lim-Shah at email@example.com, Kim Neu at firstname.lastname@example.org , Barbara Dallao at email@example.com
Thank you and we look forward to working with you in the future!