PYRCA participants, you are down to the home stretch. Make sure you have at least three books read so you will be eligible to vote for your favorite on March 1st. You can obtain a ballot at the school library on March 1st at lunchtime or after school.
Writing Center Fellows Application
Like to write? Good with people? High scorer on research papers and essays? You may be an ideal candidate for being a Writing Center Fellow. Fill out the form here and drop it off at the library. We are looking for enough Fellows to start the Center on Wednesday, September 18th. We will notify you if your application has been accepted, and we will meet in the library on Wednesday, September 11th. Thank you for being generous with your time and talent!
Before School Hours:
Monday through Friday: 7:40 AM- 8:10 AM
After School Hours:
Tuesday through Thursday: 3:19 PM- 4:20 PM
Writing Center 8th Period
Thurs- Room 301
Ink Drinkers Book Club
Lunch times Mon.
Destiny is our school library’s catalog. Click here to:
- log in to your account and see your overdues
- search the catalog for resources
- check the Home page for other valuable sites like POWER Library and Citation Helps.
Our mission is to improve student writers, not to write the students’ paper.
How It Works:
Click here to complete a Writing Center referral form.
- Any student needing or wanting help with his/her writing can make an appointment.
- Students receive one-on-one instruction so scheduling an appointment is necessary to ensure that we have sufficient Fellows to serve the students.
- Students need to come to the appointment with an assignment to brainstorm and plan/draft some piece of writing. We will talk to the students about the assignment and teacher’s expectations, but it is helpful–especially if the writing is part of a big assignment–if we had a copy of the assignment.
Writing Center Hours:
- Wednesday, 8th period in the IMC
- Thursday, 8th period in Room 301
The Masterman School Library’s e-book collection is growing. Teachers can use available e-books for instruction on the interactive whiteboard; students can read e-books on the following electronic devices: computer, iPad, iPod, smartphone, Kindle Fire, and Nook. Currently, students can read e-books online by logging onto the web address below. Students who want to check out an e-book need to ask Ms. Kearneyto register their accounts. We are working out a way to download the student’ names in one file so that Destiny will be integrated with Follett Shelf. Most of our e-books are set for individual check out; however, if an infinity sign appears by a book icon, the book has unlimited access and can be used by multiple users at the same time. Like print books, e-books have a circulation of two weeks. The book will expire from the device but may be checked out again. Most of our e-books are informational or reference books.
(This will work until the student gets his/her own account.)
Catalog Tab>Library Search: ‘ebooks’ click KEYWORD>A list of e-books in our collection will appear.
Other Free E-books
Amazon Cheap Reads for Kindle: