The Julia R. Masterman Laboratory and Demonstration SAC is a collaborative, inclusive, and diverse partnership of parents, teachers, administrators, students, and community members that reviews school policy and practice on substantive issues and provides informed input and recommendations to support Masterman’s mission as a multicultural and welcoming community of learners engaging academically talented students in grades 5-12.
If you are interested in developing projects and initiatives that focus on supporting student curiosity, creativity, and academic achievement; improving school climate and culture; and strengthening the health and well-being of the community, please come out to a SAC meeting, open to all teachers, staff, parents/guardians, students, and community members.
Monthly meetings are held every third Tuesday, 4:45-6:00pm, in the Masterman Library.
2019-2020 School Year Meeting Dates
- September 24
- October 15 Meeting Minutes
- November 19 Meeting Minutes
- December 17 Meeting Minutes
- January 21 Meeting Minutes
- February 18 Meeting Minutes
- March 17 (Postponed due to school closure)
- April 21: FY2021 Budget and Budget Summary (Postponed due to school closure)
- May 14 (Meeting Minutes will be available here soon.)
Committees meet independent of general meetings. Learn more about Committees and meeting dates by attending a general SAC meeting or by reaching out to 2019-20 standing Committee Chairs:
- Health and Wellness: Anne Pomerantz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Safety and Facilities: Brian Leventhal (email@example.com)
- Teaching and Learning: Joanne Donahue (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Elected parents/guardians are voting members of SAC. Please consider running for SAC! For the next two-year term (Fall 2020-Spring 2022), we are seeking seven (7) Parent/Guardian Representatives.
Elections typically take place in April and this year will be postponed to Fall 2020.
Please direct all inquiries to the SAC Chair, Liza Herzog, email@example.com.
The link to the application is HERE (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfL9SdEzrjeyCU6bWx5VXPqhwSTtVIm1AN7KSe-YNxd5qGKHA/viewform)