The Julia R. Masterman Laboratory and Demonstration School is a middle and senior high school serving culturally diverse, academically talented students in grades 5-12. We are a special admissions school. Our students come from all regions of the city primarily from public schools, but also from non-public schools.
Masterman is located at 1699 Spring Garden Street, across the street from the Community College of Philadelphia. Due to its central location, Masterman is easily accessible from any part of the city.
Why We're The Best
- #1 ranked school in the School District of Philadelphia
- #1 ranked school in the state of Pennsylvania
- #11 ranked magnet high school in the United States
- #22 ranked in the United States
- Scores at the highest level on the Pennsylvania System of Statewide Assessment
- As of 2017, highest average of SAT and ACT scores in the state of Pennsylvania
- In 1998 and 2010, selected as a Blue Ribbon School for Educational Excellence on the National Level
- Cited by Philadelphia Magazine as one of the best high schools in the tri-state area